Finally, after my promise, I have gotten around to tabulating some data. I won’t delve too deep into the analysis of Compounds‘ sales figures. I will be dipping into greater detail in another post. For now, I just want to get our sales figures out, hopefully, to assist other developers in estimation of their own sales.
I’ve used Numbers to graph our sales for the import range of data. These figures are AFTER Apple’s 30% rake. I’ve also placed some significant markers that properly scope the data.
April 11th and 12th were a Saturday and Sunday, which are traditionally poor performing days for our work-oriented Chemistry app. We did have a few sales, but they were, in fact, our worst 2 sales days since we launched Compounds. For reference, are sales were normally a modest 5-15 units a day. (Edited)
Tuesday, April 14th was an awesome and welcome surprise. I honestly was a little down about out app until this happened.
You can see another significant jump on the day we decided to reduce the price of Compounds to $0.99. The effect of dropping the price just $1.00 was astounding. In retrospect, I probably should have reduced the price earlier to make it into the top 100. Ahh, hindsight…
Lastly, is next Tuesday, when we moved to the second page. What a difference a single click makes. You can see we approaching a asymptote near $100 a day, which I would be extremely satisfied with. For our first released app, I am extremely pleased.
In another post, I’ll also compare this data to our popularity within the Productivity category.